Today marks my 50th day of being in Home Quarantine. Yes, you read it right! 50 days of no-going-out. If you read the previous entry, you’d know that the best I could be at now is the rooftop.
Okay, why 50 days? You ask. How are you doing it, you ask.
Here are a few reasons:
- 2 days before the official lockdown started in my city, I was already at home, ref loaded at least for 1 weeks’ worth of supply.
- Where I am at, there’s only one person allowed in every household to go out for essentials – I live with my siblings, the man in the house is a designated “liaison”.
- 1 quarantine pass is given every household. Every entry and exit point have military and police officers checking if you have quarantine pass. If you don’t have, sorry, you can’t pass through, go back home!
- Ok, these are a few reasons… not to mention, I don’t want to stand at the Supermarket queue. for so loooooooongg!
A friend from the USA asked me how do I manage to stay at home.
Well, there isn’t any way but just to DO IT! I Know and I understand why we have to do it. We are forced to stay at home not because the government is taking away our freedom, we are on a lockdown for our safety and for the safety of others. I guess by now, everybody understands that, yes?
So, how am I persisting? Lemme introduce to you my not-so-secret quarantine cronies:
- Haruki Murakami – I just got done reading my first ever Murakami and It blew my mind.
- Kafka on the Shore – In a parallel world of Kafka and Mr. Nakata where everything is a metaphor, I am Mister Hoshino. My curiosity, my youth and the memory of my late gramps brought me into this situation. Unknowingly, I had to take on one major task essential for the twist of this novel. I am the representation of all readers. I asked Mr. Nakata questions that all readers are dying to know.
- After Dark – I am still on it now, I will update once done. So far, story is building up. One thing I am sure of, Murakami is a darn good writer!
- Mindy Kaling – When it’s hard to pick up the reading momentum, I go for audio book – I am now obsessed with “Why Not Me” by Mindy Kaling. Kaling’s humor and intelligence are what we need in this challenging world right about now.
Just when you thought I was always a book worm, you were wrong. Occasionally, I turn into a Netflix butterfly too. I always find comedy shows comforting, fun and well-thought of. Humor is hard to learn – a great comedian must be born with it. I re-watched some old-time favorites. So recently, I was with Rachel, Phoebe, Monica, Chandler, Ross and Joey. I have lost count of times that I’ve re-watched FRIENDS, to be honest. For Rom-Com Series, I hope you know Jane Gloriana Villanueva and Rafael Solano! Who’s with me for Jane The Virgin?
To make me sound brainy (LOL), I also watch reality show like 100 Humans. This is interesting! Series of experiments are conducted to study human behavior. Questions such as: Who are always late, men or women? Who are funnier? Who feels the pain more? etc. are answered.
Oh, on the side, I ‘m enjoiying the company of Leslie Sansone too. She has amazing Walk at Home video exercises. You may follow her on YouTube here.
And lastly, I recently enrolled in Spanish Online Class – So yeah, add my virtual Spanish teachers on the list too.
That’s it for now, what or who are your quarantine buddies? Share please!
Be Safe, virtual fam!