Last month I celebrated my 33rd bday. I had simple get-together with my family and I capped the day with a 4-hour spa session at one of my favorite water spas in town.
Albeit simple, I got to have more time to look back and reassess myself. Am I happy at 33?
The answer is YES! I am happy and grateful! And here are 33 reasons that I can think of:
- I am happy for the gift of family – My mom is healthy; my dad’s condition is getting stable and my siblings are in good places.
- I am thankful for my 2-year old niece who brings so much joy to the family.
- I am thankful we were able to finally hire a trusted aide to be with my dad every time he needs to go to the hospital.
- I am thankful for my best friend Thea who is always there, respecting my privacy when I don’t like to share anything just yet even with her.
- I am thankful for the job that pays the bill.
- I am thankful for my best bru ever since we were kids, Joan. She is the best.
- I am thankful for my girlfriends – my longest relationship by choice. (yes 26 years of friendship and counting).
- I am thankful for my significant other – very patient and understanding man. The last 5 years with him are the best years so far.
- I am thankful for his family that accepts me and embrace me for who I am.
- I am thankful for the chance to travel with my man.
- I am thankful for the opportunity to travel here and abroad.
- I am thankful for the gift of writing – (a passion for writing to be exact )
- I am thankful for my daily Grab and Cab ride. I don’t have to take the train or Jeep to and from work.
- I am thankful for my trusted friends who I met at the office but our relationship goes beyond work (Tracy, RJ and Jolan).
- I am thankful for WordPress for the platform to express myself.
- I am thankful for the reliable internet connection that I have at home.
- I am thankful that I get to read my favorite author’s books ( yes, I am a book-aholic).
- I am thankful for the people who do not bash me for my weight. ( yes, I am overweight, plus size)
- I am thankful for the people who believe in me at work.
- I am thankful for my current company ( it’s been 7 years now that I am with IM).
- I am thankful for my “moonlight” company – that gives me opportunity to conduct tutorial for 1.5 years now.
- I am thankful for my WordPress followers. ( Yes, 700+ bloggers).
- I am thankful for my brother in-law who always treats my dad as his own.
- I am thankful for my own house that I still pay until now but it provides shelter for my loved ones.
- I am thankful my brother got his first job (which means he does not have to rely on parental support. 😊 ).
- I am thankful for the ability to cook, good enough to survive my weekdays without starving. (hehehe).
- I am thankful for online delivery services – I didn’t have to go out to do my groceries and my shopping.
- I am thankful for Google and YouTube for being my Go-to sites for all hacks I need.
- I am thankful for the random group messages from my cousins.
- I am thankful for the people who laugh at my corny jokes.
- I am thankful for the nice cab driver who gave me back my wallet which fall off my seat.
- I am thankful for the good – random people I meet every day.
- I am thankful for my existence! 33 years of making things that matter! I may not be right every time. But I am thankful that God gives me chance to start anew every single day!
The list continues and I am forever grateful! Now, on to another year!
With a Happy Heart,