Hello there, virtual family!
Happy 2021! I hope you all are having a better year than the past one. 🙂
It’s the start of a new year. And what better time to start a new goal than this?
A lot of you are asking about a book recommendation. And I could not be happier about that. It always makes me ecstatic to know people who love reading too, just like me.
So, as my new year’s present for all of you, book lovers out there, I put together some of my favorite books. Here are my highly commended and recommended books.
No long description will be included as I don’t want to give a spoiler.
In no particular order, here are my top 5 recos:
The Millenium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson
- The Girl With a Dragon Tattoo
- The Girl Who Played with Fire
- The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest
I was so engrossed with these books that I wanted to name my future daughter Lisbeth.
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- This book gave me a different feel on human connection, relationships, friendships, and Afghan values.
- Disclaimer: This book touches on sexual abuse and Islamophobia, please be guided accordingly.
Kafka on The Shore by Haruki Murakami
- Oh, I tell you, this book blew my mind! It tells about the parallel story of the conscious and unconscious mind. The “shore” is the border of these two worlds.
- Warning: You might find the first few chapters boring, but don’t stop reading.
For One More Day by Mitch Albom
- I balled my eyes out while reading this book. It’s a story about relationships and mortality. If you are familiar with Albom’s works, he basically writes about relationships and deaths. While I like his other famous books like The Five People You Meet in Heaven, Tuesdays with Morrie, The Time Keeper, etc., I specifically like For One More day because of the relationship between a mother and a child.
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- If you haven’t read The Little Prince yet, you are missing half of your life 🙂
- It teaches so many valuable lessons that adults and kids should learn.
These are my top 5 for now. I felt like I’m betraying my other authors by not including them, but this will do for now.
Next time, I will give my top 5 favorites of Nicholas Sparks’, Paulo Coelho’s and other writers.
Enjoy! Share your favorites too! I wanna get recommendations as well.
Stay safe and enjoy reading!