We have been blessed with an opportunity to travel together again as one family. This was after my niece was born and my dad was diagnosed with chronic kidney failure. With the baby in tow and with dialysis sessions that dad should not miss, it seemed impossible to travel. But with go signals from dad’s doctors and all the needful for his health, plus, our baby girl is now three, big enough to walk, off we went to Singapore!
( if you are in the same condition or your family member has the same health issue but you wanted to travel, hit me up, I can tell you what are the things to prepare as advised by our doctors, by the airlines, etc)
This trip was even made special because it was dad’s birthday. This was my second trip to Singapore, yet, this place still amazed me.
Giving you glimpse of our trip.
Accommodation : Strand Hotel
Address: 25 Bencoolen St, Singapore 189619
Phone: +65 6338 1866
You could book via Booking.com / no pre-payment required.
What are the places near the hotel?
- Right outside the hotel is MRT Bencoolen Station, on the other side of the road is Bras Basah MRT station. Very convenient.
- Across the hotel is a Food Court called Food Republic that offers wide variety of food. ( this was where we had most of our meals specially breakfast)
- Beside Food Republic are 7-11 store and Starbucks Coffee.
- About 5 minute-walk from the hotel, we attended Sunday mass at Church of the Sacred Heart.
- Walking distance from Bugis Junction – One of the well-visited shopping sites in Singapore.
Getting Around the City:
Since we were a big group and my dad was advised to refrain from walking, plus we needed a car seat for our toddler, we always took advantage of grab cars. It may seem expensive but it’s worth it if you are in a big group. We would always book 1 6-seater and 1 grab with kid ( 3adult +1 kid).
So much for my words, here are the outtakes of our Singapore trip.
Leaving you with this:
Always find time to spend with your loved-ones. Need not be pricey, but memorable.
Thank you. Love, SimplymeSMC.