I had an opportunity to explore the Calamian Group of Islands last week. A 45 minute-flight from Manila took us to paradise.
The Calamian Islands or Calamianes is a group of islands in the Philippine province of Palawan. Amongst its numerous Islands, we visited the following major ones:
- Busuanga Island
- This is where the airport is located. It’s 40-min drive to Coron Town
- It is the largest Islands in Calamian and the second largest island in Palawan
- It is known for recreational diving, this is where you will see WW11 Japanese Ship Wrecks
- Beautiful Coral Reefs are also seen here
- Coron Island
- This is where you see Kayangan lake
- Twin Lagoon
- Beautiful rock formation
- The pristine white sand of Banol beach
- Calauit Island
- It is a wildlife sanctuary and game preserve area
- Known as Safari park
We also did the town tour which includes climbing the freaking 721 steps to Mt. Tapyas summit- the second tallest mountain in Palawan. This mountain has its own story to tell too.
Our trip was made convenient by Be Cool Travels and Tours. Our Agency was all accommodating and thoughtful of our needs. We traveled with kids and they made sure to book us in a hotel with swimming pool.
There was a little adjustment to be done because of overlapping schedule at the hotel due to cancelled flights because of heavy rain the day before we came, but everything was handled accordingly. So much of my talking, please enjoy snaps from my trip.
All these pics were taken through my mobile phone only. Natural lights and clear waters made the difference. As they say, #nofilterneeded!
planning to get on the plane and travel to Coron yet? wait, there’s more:
I hope you had fun!
As for me, I went home with a burnt skin, happy heart and a renewed spirit!